The Scientific Committee invites abstract (s) 52nd National Conference of Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists, and Leprologists, DERMACON 2024 will be held from 22nd to 25th February 2024 at Hyderabad.
Please go through the submission guidelines and categories carefully. For any type of technical issues or difficulty in submission, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Guidelines :
- Prior registration to the conference is mandatory for any submission
- Abstracts are to be submitted for 3 categories - Award Paper, Free Paper and E-Poster
- Award papers are open only for junior residents & young dermatologists less than 35 years of age (age-proof mandatory). The presenters should be PLMs/LMs of IADVL
- Only original research studies (no case report/case series) shall be considered for Award Paper
- Free papers and E-posters are open to all delegates
- Presenting author can submit a maximum of 2 abstracts for consideration for DERMACON 2024 (maximum one for award paper).
- Decision of abstract evaluation will be communicated by e-mail to the submitting (presenting) author by 15th November 2023
- All residents should submit a letter from the Head of Department certifying the authenticity of the paper and the category of paper submission
- Abstracts/case reports must be submitted online via the official conference website only. Only abstracts/case reports submitted via the online submission form will be sent to the committee for review.
- Abstracts/case reports submitted offline by fax or e-mail or post or social media, or to any other website or through third-party sources will not be accepted
Submission category :
- Award paper
- Free paper
Abstract type :
- Case report/series
- Original research
Submission topics :
Abstracts are invited in any area related to the combined speciality of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology. The topics listed below are for categorization of selected abstracts. Kindly choose only one topic most appropriate to your subject of research. If it does not fit into a given category, please select ‘miscellaneous’.
- Acne, Rosacea, Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Atopic Dermatitis / Urticaria/ Allergy
- Biologics / Small Molecules
- Connective Tissue Disorders
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Diagnostic Dermatology including Dermatopathology, Dermoscopy
- Drug Reactions
- Hair Disorders
- Immunobullous Disorders
- Lasers / EBD
- Nail Disorders
- Paediatric Dermatology
- Papulosquamous Disorders
- Pigmentary Disorders / Vitiligo
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Vasculitis / Leg Ulcers
Abstract Preparation Guidelines :
- All abstracts must be submitted in English using the font Times New Roman, with a font size of 12 and double spacing.
- To ensure blinded review, no identifying features such as names of authors, collaborators, hospitals, medical colleges, clinics or places should be listed in the title or text page of the abstract. Author details and their affiliation(s) should be entered online while doing the submission.
- Title should be written using ‘Sentence case’ and should be brief and self-explanatory.
- Avoid abbreviations in the title.
- Word limit of the abstract is 250 words. (Excluding title, authors, their affiliations etc.)
- Structure of the abstract for original study should be:
- Aims and objectives
- Materials and Methods
- Results, limitations and conclusions
- Structure of the abstract for case reports and case series should be:
- Case report/series
- Abstracts/case reports must be original and must not have been published or presented at any other meeting. Abstracts/case reports should report on results of truly original research. The proposal will be reviewed according to the scientific content and ethical considerations. Please ensure that the abstract contains original matter neither published prior in print or electronic media or presented in previous DERMACONs / MIDDERMACONs.
- Refrain from using keywords, graphs, figures, tables or references in the abstract.
- Conflict of interest statement and declaration of conflict is mandatory.
- Use generic names of drugs or its active pharmacological content, avoiding commercial names of drugs/companies.
- Limit the use of abbreviations and acronyms in the abstract.
- Abstracts may be reproduced as such, therefore onus of ensuring proper language, factual accuracy & responsibility of avoiding plagiarism lies with the authors.
- Non-adherence to any guideline may result in an automatic rejection of the abstract.
- Once uploaded successfully, you will get a communication acknowledgement.
- The abstract should be submitted to the submission platform only after registering for the conference. No abstract submission shall be entertained by any other means.
- Please check the conference website from time to time for all updates.
NOTE: The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject any abstract, if the abstract is not submitted as per the guidelines.